Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Life According to House, MD

My House marathon continued last night and again, I got to thinking.  My husband and I love each other very deeply and our values are pretty much aligned -- if you ignore timelines (I might get into that at some point...).  This episode featured open marriages.  So here are my thoughts on the matter:

1. Sex is sex and doesn't have to mean anything more.


That's it.  That's all there is to it.  People tend to add too much importance and meaning to sex when in reality its function is either for procreation or enjoyment.  Sex does not mean love.  Sex does not mean you'll have forever together.  Sex with someone other than your partner doesn't mean that they don't love you.  Sex is just sex.

I find it very frustrating that I live in a society that fails to grasp this.  As long as my husband's emotions remain mine, he can have sex with any woman he pleases (if he were into guys, the same would be true).  Heck, I'd even set him up with some hot chick if I knew any who wouldn't be freaked out that he was married.  At the end of the day, marriages last not because of sex but because of communication and the emotional bonds that run deep.

In our marriage the same policy about sex applies to me: I can fuck any girl I want to.  I'm not much into guys who aren't my husband.  He's set a standard so why mess with a good thing.  That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the attention from and appearance of guys.  In fact, I confess that when it comes to guys, I like them muscled and young.  I think there may be a bit of a cougar lying dormant in me.  Still, I don't feel the sexual pull towards them but the fun potential is there.  Women on the other hand make me predatory (when I'm in the appropriate setting anyway).  The sucky part of that is the sad truth that I have zero game.  I haven't had many opportunities to practice my moves so they're pretty non-existent.  That doesn't stop me from giving a hot chick a lust-filled look though.  I have to cut myself some slack though.  I am essentially surrounded by the military so opportunities will be few and far between (plus I like to be friends with our bed buddies).

So yes, sex is sex and it's a lot of fun when you do it right and take it for what it is.  Just think how many relationships could be saved from 'cheating' if people just accepted that sex outside of the relationship does not necessarily mean that the relationship is doomed.  Sex is sex people.  Jump on the bandwagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment