Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 1

I've decided to give blogging a shot.  I NEVER kept a diary or journal or any of those girly memory recording devices when I was younger because honestly, I didn't trust my siblings to be able to find any juicy details on me and not using it to make me uncomfortable/miserable.  So here I am now at age 27 cataloging my memories almost as soon as they happen.

I consider myself to be an interesting person and if someone wanted to use clips of my life in a movie, they would have plenty fodder.  However, my brain refuses to stay still long enough for me to ever right a memoir - not that I'm old enough to have a memoir yet.  The whole brain thing brings me to the reason for even starting on this little endeavor.  My memory is so bad that if you asked me what I did last week, I'd be hard-pressed to recall the details.  So I figure that in order to be able to tell my grandkids stories about my youth, I better start writing them down.  I guess I should also start having kids at some point too...

Right now I am eating dinner.  I'm feeling rather lazy and without my husband around, I don't see the point in putting in the effort to cook.  I LOVE cooking - I just don't like doing the dishes.  Again, no point in torturing myself.  So what's for dinner if I didn't have the motivation to cook?  Ramen!  At least I think it's ramen.  One of my former Japanese students went to Korea and brought me back a couple of edible souvenirs - I never hid how much I absolutely love food and love experiencing other cultures through food.  I don't know what all the Korean art on the bag says but in English I guess it's called 4-me...  I dunno...  It's quite spicy but delicious.  I think it has rice noodles.  The bag says glass noodles.  Again, have no idea.  That seems to be the trend with me and Asian food anyway.  Don't tell me what it is if you want me to try it.  You can tell me after I've swallowed.  I think the weirdest thing for me to date has been the pig ears but my memory could just be blocking out other foods.

So I've been in a slump.  I had decided to start exercising and after 2 weeks into the insanity program, my motivation left me.  I'm not so sure it's my lost motivation though.  Yesterday I tried to push through the program but my body just ached.  I don't believe in punishing myself or in doing anything that causes me pain without justification so I stopped.  Today I still felt icky so I decided to go for a ride.  A quarter of a mile in I notice that my bike is feeling a bit wobbly.  Sure enough when I look down not one, but both of my wheels were out of air.  Seriously?!!  Fortunately I was still close to home and the return trip was down hill.  I'm still a little annoyed by that because I really wanted to ride - I feel very confident when it's just me, my bike, and the cars zinging by me but respecting my place on the road.

By the way, I am currently living in Okinawa, Japan, and it's a gorgeous little slice of paradise.  Look forward to recollections of my many adventures.  I don't believe in doing the same old thing.  While I am here, I intend to absorb as much of the people, culture, and experiences as possible.  All I need to do now is work on my Japanese...  I have a little but I want to be semi-fluent before I leave.

I'm off to go indulge in another book.  I seem to be caught in a young adult spell.  A friend introduced me to the Fever series and I think I have a way serious crush on Jericho Barrons.  He has set the gold standard for my romance/action ideal.  Future heroes have a lot to measure up to (I hope they make that series into movies.  It would blow Twilight out of the water)!  Okay book time.  Let me know what you think of my first attempt at blogging.  My feelings aren't easily hurt and I prefer honesty.  I don't have much patience for pretense either.

1 comment:

  1. I just found that they aree making a movie for the fever series and it just totally made my night. Yes!
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2034647/board/threads/

    ReplyDelete