Well, it's Monday morning and I would much rather be in bed. I got this bright idea in my head and it suggested waking up early to exercise. I am so not feeling it. In fact, I haven't been feeling it for a week. I have only completed 2 successful and consecutive weeks of the insanity program. Sigh. Fortunately genetics and a healthy diet are on my side so it's not currently a big deal.
The weekend was fun. My husband and I took a friend and her brother to see the Dave Ralston Band. The show and the music were very good, even though the advertising was misleading. We were promised a costume contest but they did not deliver. That was a bit disappointing because my husband and I were dressed as Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemmings (his slave mistress). We'll have to reuse that costume for a crowd that will appreciate it.
Saturday was more eventful... barely. I'm a bit of a homebody. I took my friend and her brother up north to make shisa (the Okinawan lion-dogs that serve as protectors from evil spirits and keepers of the good spirits). We got there late in the day and I was afraid we wouldn't be allowed to make our shisa because the process takes 2 hours. The little, old, Okinawan man said it was okay so we got our things together (I had been them before and I think I had left a positive impression on the old man and his friends). The experience was a lot of fun. The old mand and his friend were very helpful and funny - even though they spoke no English. I could understand some of what they were saying. The hours flew by and they didn't seem too concerned that we were still there. After 3 hours and countless laughs at our expense, we were done.
Sunday was so-so. We were supposed to go zip-lining but my friend backed out and I had a tummy ache. I ended up staying home, reading, twisting my hair, watching Silence of the Lambs, and a couple episodes of House. This morning I woke up, peed on a stick, got a negative response, felt bummed about it, and sat down to write away the time I should have spent exercising. We're not actively trying to have kids yet but we did the naughty during a risky time and I was a bit hopeful. The stick said no and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Definitely disappointed but there's something else going on. I just haven't put my finger on it.
Maybe I'll be ready for some introspection later today...
No comments:
Post a Comment